Lynx - an app for critical communication
COBS Lynx app and backend system is developed for your safety enabling personal alarm and critical messaging on Android devices for use within WLAN and VoWiFi systems. It allows for critical messaging, such as pushbutton alarm, fire alarm and other critical messaging between users, as well as to/from interconnected systems via the COBS Messaging Server (CMS).
With Lynx you get cost-efficient solution including on-site serviceability resulting in a full control of the critical communication flow reducing the risk of downtime and external interference.
The solution is a perfect choice for staff security, lone workers, etc. in care homes, hospitals, heavy industry, prisons, and other institutions and premises where downtime and loss in critical communication isn’t an option.
The LYNX app
- User friendly, distinct and color coded graphics provide quick and sharp view of any situation. Alerts can be grouped by priority, with the most important at the top.
- Quick, near real-time handling of messaging, alarm with location information and control are the watchwords of this solution.
- Predefined and standardized alarm presentation
- Android enables you to combine Lynx with a variety of other Android apps such as electronic patient record, access control and workflow apps.
- CMS enable you to integrate and combine a wide range of fixed or mobile alarm sources.
Lynx + Versity VoWiFi smartphones
Lynx is a solution for Versity VoWiFi smartphones where internet connectivity may not be present (there is no dependency on internet or Cloud connectivity).
Using Lynx together with Versity 92-series gives you a very robust and cost-efficient solution when co-existence of more data driven, content-rich apps are needed and where DECT is not an option.
Lynx can also be used with the larger Versity 95/96-series of VoWiFi smartphones which beside the larger screen also adds a fully uninterrupted 24/7 communication thanks to Versity’s hot-swappable batteries. Users can exchange the battery while using an app like Lynx, or on a call, without the need for interruption such as a restart, login procedures and reload of apps. With the possibility of 24/7 use, being ruggedized (IP68) protecting the device against dust and waterproof, alarm button on top and walkie-talkie functionality the Versity 95/96 is the perfect work tool for the professional user.
Interesed in trying Lynx?